How To Use Your Email List To Get Repeat Traffic To Your Shopify Store
You’ve set your email list up and people are flowing in. Now comes the question—“How do I actually use it?”.
You could email people when:
- a product comes back in stock
- you add a new product to your catalog
- you publish a new article on your blog
- you’ve been featured in media
- you get repeat questions about a recent promo
- you are starting a promotional campaign
- the demand of your product comes back in season
- a customer shares an info-rich positive review about a product
- something big happens in your niche
- you have commentary about an event in your niche
- something happens in your side of the world, that is relevant to your niche
- you are planning and preparing to be on a trade show
- you’ve discovered a useful relevant resource that would help them level up
- you want to run a survey/giveaway
- you have a question for them
- a list member shares something with you and you find it useful for the whole list (make sure you’ve got permission to share it)
Don’t forget to link to a product, whenever you mention it in an email. Or have a list of featured products at the end of each email.
What about the frequency?
You can email from daily to once a month. It all depends on the expectations you create in your list members. Once a month will be too less for some, once a day will be too much for others, especially if there is no other value than seeing your products in an email.
If you choose to go the daily route—to avoid unsubscribes you should make it easy for people to select a frequency with which to be emailed.
Your email list is your private social network
Think about it that way for a while and you’ll come up with more ideas about increasing the value people get from being on it.Post by: Rumen Dimitrov