vQmod stopped working

Recently I had a customer write to me something along the lines of: “I installed your OpenCart Mobile Framework. It looks good on the demo, but I couldn’t get it running on my site. I have vqmod and everything, what am I doing wrong.”

Examined his ftp and there was nothing to let me think that he did something wrong. Then I tried to install vqmod again by going to clientssite.com/vqmod/install and I received a Page not found error. “Well,” I thought, “it may be the SEO url option that is messing with the vqmod path”. I tried “turning it off and on again” but to no avail.

After couple of minutes of investigation it turned out this was a permission related issue. vQmod should have all of it’s php files set to 0644, on my customer’s site they were 0755 and 0777.

Internal Server Error 500 + vQmod

I have been installing OpenCart Mobile Framework to a lot of customers lately. This led me to interact with various servers and configurations, but I was most amazed when everything was supposed to work fine but It didn’t.

Imagine a clean OpenCart install. Normally you’d like to put vQmod on it, to support other custom modifications without your core files to be altered.

This is when I came to a problem. Sometimes, in the rarest of cases, Continue reading “Internal Server Error 500 + vQmod”